The way you use your plumbing can have a significant impact on the environment. Conserving water does more than just reduce consumption; it also helps lower greenhouse gas emissions associated with treating and distributing municipal water. If you want to help the environment and keep bills to a minimum, follow these water conservation tips.
How to Decrease Your Water Usage
1. Upgrade Plumbing Fixtures
Upgrading to high-efficiency water fixtures can significantly reduce how much water your family uses. For example, a tankless water heater requires much less water than a standard model because it only draws water into the system when a faucet is turned on. Low-flow showerheads, toilets, and faucets use fewer gallons per minute than standard fixtures.
2. Limit Running Water
Many people keep the water running when it’s not necessary. Don’t leave the faucet running the whole time when shaving, brushing your teeth or washing your hands.
While this might not seem like a significant change, you likely perform these activities several times per day, and the savings can add up quickly. You can also lower water consumption by limiting showers to 10 minutes or less.
3. Have Leaks Fixed Quickly
A dripping faucet or leaky toilet can waste countless gallons of water — even if the leak seems relatively minor. Major leaks that require re-piping can be even more wasteful if not addressed quickly.
Whenever you notice a potential plumbing leak, call a professional to fix it right away. Addressing the leak before it gets worse will save water and help you avoid extensive damage to your home.
If you want upgraded water fixtures or prompt plumbing repairs, Buck’s Plumbing & Sewer Service in Cookeville, TN will help your family reduce water consumption. Serving Putnam County and the surrounding areas since 1960, this family-owned and -operated company offers prompt work that’s always completed to the highest standards. To learn more about their services, visit them online or call (931) 528-1157.
Unless your bathroom renovation is purely cosmetic in nature, bathroom plumbing may very well be part of your project requirements. Depending upon the age of your home, you will be working with one of the following types of pipes: plastic PVC (ABS or CPVC), copper, galvanized iron, or cast iron.
If plumbing will be part of your bathroom renovation design, this would be the perfect time to replace old plumbing with new. This would avoid the possible inconvenience and costs incurred by a bathroom plumbing problem at a later time.
Bathroom renovation cost, tools, materials, time involvement, and project complexity will be determined not only by the extent of your bathroom renovation but also by the type of pipe used in plumbing.
Lightweight, inexpensive, and easy to use, plastic pipe is popular for residential plumbing purposes. Available in PVC, ABS, PE, and CPVC forms. There is also PB, but its use is prohibited in many local codes.
Available as rigid and flexible plastic pipe. PVC pipe resists chemical damage and heat better than ABS and meets all plumbing code requirements for above-ground use. CPVC withstands the high temperatures and pressure of water supply systems.
Use plastic pipe for the following purposes:
ABS or PVC pipe with a drain-waste-vent (DWV) NSF rating; use for sink traps and as a plastic drain pipe for bathroom sink plumbing.
Pipe type and grade ratings are stamped on each pipe for easy identification. Please note: ABS use is restricted in some local plumbing codes.
Check with a licensed plumbing contractor, certified building inspector, or local residential plumbing code guidelines before beginning any renovation project that includes plumbing.
The best material is available for water supply pipes. Available as a rigid and flexible pipe; chromed copper is also available and a popular choice for exposed areas. Copper pipe resists corrosion; sweat-soldered joints are durable.
Rigid copper pipe is approved for home water supply systems by all local codes and is available in 3 wall thicknesses:
Type M – thin and inexpensive; a good choice for bathroom plumbing do-it-yourself projects.
Type L – strong, easily soldered; preferred choice of the home renovation contractor who wants top-notch quality bathroom plumbing.
Type K – the heaviest wall thickness of all copper pipe for plumbing; used most often for underground water service lines.
The flexible copper pipe comes in 2 wall thickness grades; types L and K. Although approved for most home water supply systems, type L is used primarily for gas service lines
DWV copper pipe is for drain systems but is seldom used because most codes allow low-cost plastic DWV pipe.
Galvanized Iron Pipe
Often the type of water supply and small drain line pipe found in older homes; identified by a zinc coating and iron pipe thread fittings.
Iron pipe is strong but difficult to cut; it corrodes with age and eventually needs replacement. Low water pressure is often a sign that rust has built up inside the pipe.
Old galvanized iron pipe systems can be difficult to work with; they are not recommended for new bathroom renovation purposes. These types of bathroom plumbing repairs and alterations are best left to a plumbing contractor.
Cast Iron Pipe
Rarely used in new bathroom plumbing, the cast iron pipe can be identified by its dark color and rough surface. It is strong, but difficult to cut and fit pieces together. Hubbed fittings can develop leaks, and pipes can rust through.
When the plumbing code book allows, plastic pipe replacements should be made. Use a special fitting called an â€œbanded couplingâ€ to connect new plastic pipe to existing cast iron. Cast iron pipe repair is another bathroom renovation project best left in the hands of a reliable bathroom remodeling contractor.
We hope this article on bathroom plumbing material choices has been helpful. If you require assistance with your bathroom renovation idea, why not post project requirements at TrustedPros.com. It is fast, easy, and FREE!
Reliable bathroom remodeling contractors in your area are ready to bid competitively on your project. And the best part is you will be under no obligation to hire anyone!
Whether it’s a clogged sewer drain or a blocked drain, plumbing problems can happen to anyone and at any time. And at their worst, these plumbing problems may require a professional drain and sewer cleaning services. However, you may not have the money to hire a professional local plumber at the time the problem may not be severe. In such a situation, you can eliminate these clogs using DIY cleaning methods and locally available materials. Here are some tips and tricks from a Spartanburg drain and sewer cleaning specialist.
1. Try hot water: As much as it’s often overlooked, flushing your clogged drains and sewer lines with hot water remains one of the easiest yet highly effective methods of unclogging them. As hot water travels through your drainpipes, it can dislodge clogged materials and remove gunk, thus returning them to peak performance. For optimal results, it’s highly advisable to flush your clogged drains and sewer lines with hot water for at least 15 minutes. When flushed with force, the hot water will remove the gunk buildup and return your drains to optimal working condition, without spending a dime.
2. Leverage tools you already have: Unclogging or cleaning blocked drainpipes and sewer lines doesn’t always require expensive tools and equipment. So, before you go out to buy expensive tools or call for drain cleaning services, you can use some of the tools that you already have. And a bathroom plunger is one of the most effective tools that you can use for this job. So, how do you use a plunger to unclog or clean drains and sewers? Well, you will just do it as you normally use it. You simply need to cover the entire opening of the drain, and then press back and forth for at least 2 minutes. The pressure build-up from the repetitive motions will remove some of the materials blocking your drains. In case the drain or the sewer line has an overflow vent, you should first block it to prevent pressure loss.
3. Use DIY liquid cleaners: If you’ve already tried the above methods but they don’t seem to produce the desired results, then you should try out DIY liquid cleaners. Just like commercial drain cleaners, DIY liquid cleaners can also help to break down and remove dislodged gunk that may be affecting your sewer lines and drainpipes. One of the most popular DIY liquid cleaners is a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. And unlike commercial drain cleaners, homemade liquid cleaners will not damage your plumbing systems, even after prolonged use. Once you’ve obtained a solution of vinegar and baking powder, you should then go ahead and pour at least 2 cups after every 5 minutes. If your drains or sewer lines are blocked by food materials or soap residue, then this cleaning solution should unclog them.
4. Get a drain snake: If you are looking for a reliable and effective means of unclogging or unblocking your sewer lines and drainpipes, then you should get yourself a plumber’s drain snake. Most of the professionals who offer sewer cleaning services normally use this tool to unblock common clogs. And the good news is, a drain snake is readily available in local hardware stores for around $25 to $50. As much as drain snakes will not relieve all blockages, they are highly effective when it comes to small clogs.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Local Plumber
If you’ve applied some or all of the above methods but you can’t seem to unclog your blocked drainpipes or sewer lines, then it’s highly advisable to hire a professional local plumber to help you. Hiring a professional local plumber comes with numerous benefits such as:
– They are experienced: You want to look for a highly trained and skilled plumber. Also, years of experience when it comes to dealing with all sorts of plumbing issues. So, when you a plumber to provide drain cleaning services, you can rest assured that they will handle everything, as well as assessing the problem and then using their skills and experience to unclog your drainpipes or sewer lines.
– They have modern tools: Dealing with a serious clogging issue requires specialized tools and equipment. The problem is, such tools or equipment don’t come cheap. The good news is, the professional local plumbers at One Call Plumbing have the right tools and equipment, which can handle all clogged drains and sewer lines. So, if you are experiencing a major clogging issue in your home or business, a professional plumber will know what to do and which tools will be required to clear the issue.
– Faster services: Most homeowners hire unskilled, amateur, or unlicensed plumbers because they tend to offer cheaper rates. The problem is, most will take days or even weeks, to clear a clog that could have taken a professional plumber a few hours. As a result, the costs eventually add up in the end. So, if you want fast and timely sewer cleaning services, then it will be highly advisable to hire a professional local plumber.
– Reliable services: When you hire professional local plumbers you are looking for reliable services, a plumber who has worked with hundreds of such problems before. Therefore, you are assured of getting value for your money. On the other hand, if you hire an inexperienced plumber, they may end causing more problems to your plumbing system, leading to expensive repairs.
Contact The Spartanburg Plumber
By following the above tips and tricks, you can deal with simple clogs and blocks. But if the problem is complex, then One Call Plumbing is just a call away. Look for a plumbing company that provides reliable, efficient, and timely drain and sewer cleaning services, at an affordable cost. Regardless of the issue, you are facing, you need experienced plumbers that will deal with the problem as soon as possible. They understand your urgency and we will do everything they can, to get the job done right, the first time. Get in touch with One Call Plumbing today and schedule your free, no-obligation estimate.
Plumbing issues are the most common occurrence that might take place at any hour of the day and you will need to seek the assistance of a plumber for helping you deal with the problem. The issue needs to be addressed at the earliest because ignoring the problem might eventually lead to a serious plumbing problem. But for this, you will need to contact the most reliable and reputable Sarasota Florida plumbing company that will offer professional plumbers in Sarasota FL for your needs. There are many kinds of plumbing problem that can take place in your home which includes basement flooding, sewer leakage, overflowing toilet, and blocked sink. Regardless of the severity of the plumbing problem, you will need to hire a plumber who will assist you in resolving the problem at the earliest. The plumbers should be entrusted with the task of diagnosing the problem with the plumbing system and carrying on the repairs so that the system will start functioning efficiently as before. You should never attempt handling the plumbing task on your own because you might eventually increase the future repairs and replacement cost. You should hire professional plumbers who possess the right experience and knowledge that are needed for completing the repairs and replacement tasks in the most efficient manner.
Benefits of hiring the best plumbing company
You will get a large number of plumbing companies that are offering services for the benefits of residential plumbing systems but Sarasota Florida plumbing company is the best option for you. The plumbers of the company have the right amount of knowledge and expertise that are needed for completing the plumbing task with the desirable outcome. They will follow the right approach that is needed for fixing the issues so that they will be resolved before they can turn into a major plumbing problem. They will also make sure that the plumbing system will remain in excellent condition so that you can reduce the costs of replacement. The plumbers will also make sure that your plumbing system will no longer cause leakage or any other kind of issues so that you will get peace of mind. The right kind of professionals are highly skilled and experienced in handling all the matters relating to the plumbing system of residential property so that it can be repaired at the earliest. You should never leave any issues unattended because they can cause even more serious problems in the long run. Therefore, you will need to hire plumbers who have the right amount of skills and experience that are needed for undertaking the plumbing task according to your needs. The right selection of plumbers will make sure that your home will remain safe and your family will not face any kind of inconvenience due to a malfunctioning plumbing system. The right training of the plumbers makes it easier for them to carry on the plumbing task in an efficient manner as it involves the use of the right strategies and techniques. Along with the plumbing repairs and replacement services, these plumbers will also offer you expert advice that is needed for resolving the plumbing issues within a short period of time. The helpful insight of the plumber will ensure that you will take the right course of action that is needed for completing the plumbing task in the best possible manner. The detailed training and extensive research of the professional plumbers of the plumbing company will sure that all the plumbing issues affecting the safety and comfort of your home will be resolved before it’s too late. These professionals also make use of the best equipment that is needed for completing the plumbing task in the best possible manner so that all your plumbing needs will be fulfilled.
Reasons to hire professionals of plumbing company
The licensed and certified plumbing professionals of the company will be able to diagnose all the issues efficiently so that you will not face any inconvenience. The right selection of professionals will allow you to save a lot of money so that you will enjoy a safe, efficient and comfortable plumbing system. These professionals will also be present during emergencies for making sure that you will not face any kind of problems. They will also make use of the right tools and plumbing supplies that are needed for the efficient and correct installation of the plumbing system. As these plumbers are familiar with the building codes, you will not face any problems with the regulation compliance when it comes to undertaking the plumbing task. The plumber will also fix your plumbing problem quickly and efficiently so that you will continue using your system for a long period of time. Plumbing issues that are ignored for a long period of time can lead to serious health problems for the people living in the home. Therefore, you should get the problem resolved by offering safety and protection for you and your family members. Water leakage at your property can eventually lead to the growth of mold and mildew but the professional plumbers will make sure that the problems will be resolved before they can become dangerous for your family members. Along with offering services for the repairs and replacement of the plumbing system, these professional plumbers will also offer guarantees for their services in the long run. The technical knowledge of the plumbers plays a crucial role in ensuring that your home will be protected from all kinds of dangers. You will also get peace of mind because these plumbers will not commit any mistake during the completion of the plumbing problem. They will handle all the tasks in a superior manner so that you will not have to stress about the quality of services or the cost of plumbing tasks so that you will get the best plumbing service at an attractive price.
Factors to consider when hiring professional plumbers